RE: Re: RARA-AVIS: early woman h-b writers

From: btoomey@javanet.com
Date: 26 Sep 2001

>Did she [Leigh Brackett] write a story about
>a witch on a hilltop visible to the protagonist only
>through binoculars? If this is her, it's a novel I
>read years ago...circa 1985...and I can't remember
>much of the plot. Anyone?

The book you're thinking of is OUR LADY OF DARKNESS by Fritz Leiber. It's a quiet -- and very original -- horror novel set against the literary and spiritualist history of San Francisco. Hammett fans will find it especially interesting.

BobT

-------------------------------------------------------------------- mail2web - Check your email from the web at http://mail2web.com/ .