RE: Re: RARA-AVIS: Re: early woman h-b writers

From: btoomey@javanet.com
Date: 26 Sep 2001

>[Leigh Brackett]was married to Edmond Hamilton, a writer of pulp sf in the >30's and 40's. I don't know of a book published under both their names, but >she must have been at least influenced by him.

In his introduction to THE BEST OF LEIGH BRACKETT, a collection of her sf, Hamilton indicates that she influenced him more that he influenced her, encouraging him to polish his work rather than just fire off unedited first drafts. Unquestionably she was by far the better writer.

BobT

-------------------------------------------------------------------- mail2web - Check your email from the web at http://mail2web.com/ .