Re: RARA-AVIS: early woman h-b writers

From: Graham Powell ( bleekerbooks@hotmail.com)
Date: 25 Sep 2001

Another one was Dorothy B. Hughes. There was an extended discussion a while back on the list; I think the upshot was that some but not all of her stuff was hardboiled. And forgive my memory, but wasn't "Craig Rice", who (I think) wrote the John J. Malone pulp stories, a woman?

Graham
--------------- http://www.BleekerBooks.com Mysteries.com Site Of The Week