Re: RARA-AVIS: Cinematic MIA

From: BaxDeal@aol.com
Date: 22 Sep 2001

In a message dated 9/22/01 1:33:30 AM, ambrosehunter@yahoo.com writes:

<< Fellow dwellers in LA LA LAND will get a kick outta the Cal Worthington radio ads that are heard more than once in the film. I can only assume that Cal kicked them some dough. >>

Since the theme of this month is still Los Angeles, I'm surprised no one's mentioned the LA LA Land books by Robert Campbell. I've got an excuse, I've never read them. But that's because no self respecting native of Los Angeles, as few of us as there may be, would ever refer to El Lay as La La Land.

John Lau