RE: RARA-AVIS: Ed and Uncle Ambrose

From: Gary ( piesbook@execpc.com)
Date: 21 Sep 2001

> I just read The Fabulous Clipjoint by Fredric Brown.
> I seem to remember someone mentioning Brown wrote more books involving
> the pair. Can anyone tell me their titles?

1) The fabulous clipjoint (1947) 2) The dead ringer (1948)--the two are now with the carny, and have to solve the mystery of a dead posing girl 3) The bloody moonlight (also: Murder in the moonlight) (1949)--the two are working for the Starlock agency in Chicago and the case involves werewolves
(sort of) 4) Compliments of a fiend (1950)--when Am disappears from the Starlock agency, Ed has to find him 5) Death has many doors (1951)--Hunter and Hunter Agency has a case involving Martians (sort of) 6) The late lamented (1959)--Hunter and Hunter Agency finds itself investigating Starlock 7) Mrs. Murphy's underpants (1963)--there is nothing about underpants of any significance to everyone's great regret

Best, GWN Gary Warren Niebuhr P. O. Box 341218 Milwaukee, WI 53234 piesbook@execpc.com http://www.execpc.com/~piesbook/piescatalog.html