Re: RARA-AVIS: A query for Rarae Aves

From: M Blumenthal ( blumenidiot@21stcentury.net)
Date: 20 Sep 2001

As long as I found out what the proper plural of 'Rara Avis' is I felt I should make the subject correct.

I'm old enough to have seen Manchurian Candidate in a theater when it came out originally. The Queen of Hearts has always had a special meaning since that time. I was in college then and remember the friend with whom I saw it thought it was great until I started pointing out all the flaws in the plot. I used to be that way with a lot of movies I didn't like North by Northwest when I first saw it because I thought its was totally unbelievable. Of course, since I joined Rara Avis I've seen the error of my ways. Mark