RARA-AVIS: RE: The Woman Chaser

From: Duane Spurlock ( duane@emazing.com)
Date: 20 Sep 2001

Mark Harris < mark_r_harris@yahoo.com> wrote:

<< Just wanted to chime in on the praise of The Woman Chaser - what a terrific movie!

Ditto! I got to see the video thanks to Juha Lindroos. My thanks to him!

<< The b-and-w photography is gorgeous; I'm having a hard time imagining the movie in color.

I agree. I can see how color would alter the tone of the film, perhaps even change its ultimate impact.

<< Patrick Warburton is simply incredible in the lead; in a juster world he would have had an Oscar nomination . . . .

Warburton does an excellent job with this role. I think, however, that the movie won't get its just response because there's still an artificial feel to the film that just isn't popular or properly credited in the critical world that surrounds the film industry today. But it's that artifice that makes the film work in so powerful a way.
-- Duane