Re: RARA-AVIS: Re: RARA-AVIS lounge music

From: Alan C. Rollins ( acrollins@polaris.net)
Date: 20 Sep 2001

Mickey Spilane used to have some music tied to his popularity. It was several albums of Jazz with a murder or crime tone to them. Came out in the fifties I believe.

Alan
----- Original Message ----- From: < BaxDeal@aol.com> To: < rara-avis@icomm.ca> Sent: Thursday, September 20, 2001 2:44 AM Subject: Re: RARA-AVIS: Re: RARA-AVIS lounge music

> In a message dated 9/19/01 7:12:11 PM, dchandler@nettally.com writes:
>
> << A few years back there were a few collections of music released for the
>
> hipster 20-something crowd, the new martini culture. They were all
loosely

> based around hardboiled themes and scores from films and TV shows of the
>
> period. The Peter Gunn theme was there, I believe. Or perhaps I'm
>
> remembering two separate series of music releases?
>

> Does anybody recall the names of these, and how many titles were released?
>
> I've had some luck getting our public library to order CD's lately, and I
>
> may try with these as well. >>
>
> You should try the ULTRA LOUNGE COLLECTION. Especially The Crime Scene,
TV