Re: RARA-AVIS: Re: RARA-AVIS lounge music

From: Scatalogic@aol.com
Date: 20 Sep 2001

In a message dated 20/09/01 04:17:50 GMT Daylight Time, DJ-Anonyme@webtv.net writes:

<<
 And if you're ordering noir-related music, let me add my endorsement to
 Mario's for Haunted Heart by Charlie Haden Quartet West. And you can't
 go wrong with Barry Adamson's Moss Side Story -- "In a black and white
 world murder brings a touch of colour . . ."

 Mark

Mark, who seems to have fine fine taste in music, is right on the mark with his reccomendation of Bary Adamson - Moss side is a grim, drugs benighted, area on the edge of Manchester city centre and also has the distinction of being home to the grim, benighted Manchester City team. Any of Adamson's works might appeall. While we're toasting noir songs, try the Tindersticks as well an excellent accompaniement to any noir. There was a series issued in the UK aimed at the "new Martini set" called Music to Watch Girls By but I don't think that's what you're thinking of?

Colin