RARA-AVIS: Re: RARA-AVIS lounge music

From: Dixon H. Chandler II ( dchandler@nettally.com)
Date: 19 Sep 2001

A few years back there were a few collections of music released for the hipster 20-something crowd, the new martini culture. They were all loosely based around hardboiled themes and scores from films and TV shows of the period. The Peter Gunn theme was there, I believe. Or perhaps I'm remembering two separate series of music releases?

Does anybody recall the names of these, and how many titles were released? I've had some luck getting our public library to order CD's lately, and I may try with these as well.

Thanks,

-dc