RARA-AVIS: The Woman Chaser

From: Mark Harris ( mark_r_harris@yahoo.com)
Date: 19 Sep 2001

Just wanted to chime in on the praise of The Woman Chaser - what a terrific movie! I saw it at the Music Box in Chicago and was knocked out. The b-and-w photography is gorgeous; I'm having a hard time imagining the movie in color. There should be a DVD soon, I hope, although Amazon is currently mum on that point. Patrick Warburton is simply incredible in the lead; in a juster world he would have had an Oscar nomination (along with Clive Owen in Croupier and Christian Bale in American Psycho - the two other great male performances I saw on screen last year). The scene where Warburton pitches the plot of the movie you're watching to a would-be producer is a classic, with a strong affinity to the final scene of Robert Altman's The Player.

Mark

__________________________________________________ Terrorist Attacks on U.S. - How can you help? Donate cash, emergency relief information http://dailynews.yahoo.com/fc/US/Emergency_Information/