RE: RARA-AVIS: Re: Wade Miller

From: Anders Engwall (ERA) ( Anders.Engwall@era.ericsson.se)
Date: 19 Sep 2001

Juri, Kevin and then Juri again:

> > >As for Max Thursday books, I've liked them all. "Wrong Mr.
> Blue" is the
> > >best of those I've read, even though the basic premise is a bit
> > >implausible.
> > What's that one called in English?
> > I'd love it if there was another one out there, but I suspect "Wrong
> > Mr. Blue" is just the Finnish title. Darn!
>
> Darn is the right word. It's "Murder Charge".

Incidentally, "Wrong Mr. Blue" is also the Swedish title (though in Swedish, naturally). It could be that the Finnish translation was made not from the original English, but via the Swedish translation. Or vice versa.

And speaking of out of print - to my knowledge, the last time a Wade & Miller novel was printed in Sweden was in 1967 ("711, Officer Needs Help", written as Whit Masterson)!