RARA-AVIS: Re: Wade Miller

From: Kevin Burton Smith ( kvnsmith@thrillingdetective.com)
Date: 19 Sep 2001

juri wrote:

>As for Max Thursday books, I've liked them all. "Wrong Mr. Blue" is the
>best of those I've read, even though the basic premise is a bit
>implausible.

What's that one called in English? The only Thursday books I know of are

Guilty Bystander (1947) Fatal Step (1948) Uneasy Street (1948) Calamity Fair (1950) Murder Charge (1950) Shoot To Kill (1951)

I'd love it if there was another one out there, but I suspect "Wrong Mr. Blue" is just the Finnish title. Darn!

And someone was lamenting the fact those books are hard to find. Yeah, it would be great if they were available again. Last reprints I heard of were maybe ten or more years ago by a British press, and they reprinted the same ones I'd read. Maybe iBooks or Stuart Kaminsky's Mystery Vault, both of whom seem to be digging into the more recent past for their catalogues, will cast their eyes a bit further back.

--

Kevin Burton Smith The Thrilling Detective Web Site http://www.thrillingdetective.com
Let's go to the movies! Plus new fiction from Hugh Lessig, John Alvar, O'Neil De Noux and Graham Powell. Plus web comics: Odd Jobs and The Damnation Gambit and soon, the return of Femme Noir. -- # To unsubscribe from the regular list, say "unsubscribe rara-avis" to # majordomo@icomm.ca. This will not work for the digest version. # The web pages for the list are at http://www.miskatonic.org/rara-avis/ .