Re: RARA-AVIS: Wade Miller in the AACR

From: Juri Nummelin ( jurnum@utu.fi)
Date: 19 Sep 2001

On Tue, 18 Sep 2001, William Denton wrote:

> On 18 September 2001, I wrote:
> : Is the sentence in brackets by you, Bill? Would Robert Wade be called
> : Bob Wade in a scientific book?
> That's what they called him. Searching a few web pages on his name seems
> to indicate that's how he's better known, with Robert being more formal.
> How's he listed on books where he didn't use a pseudonym?

They are, if I remember correctly, as by Robert Wade.

As for Max Thursday books, I've liked them all. "Wrong Mr. Blue" is the best of those I've read, even though the basic premise is a bit implausible. The first one (the title?) was also very good. Check out also "Badge of Evil" as by Whit Masterson. It has no moral ambiguity of Welles's "Touch of Evil", which is based on it, but a good book nevertheless. (And it's interesting to note how a genius like Welles treats the book, tears it up and recollects it.)

Juri