Re: RARA-AVIS: recent reading: Pelecanos

From: Mark Sullivan ( DJ-Anonyme@webtv.net)
Date: 17 Sep 2001

Carrie wrote about George's A Firing Offense:

". . . but the first person voice, the details of life on the sales floor (I've found it infinitely more helpful than consumer reports, in a
"know thy enemy" sense), . . ."

When Best Buys moved into the DC area, a Washington Post reporter took George to one of their stores to get his opinion about whether or not, and how, it made a difference that the chain's salespeople were not paid by commission. It was an informative and amusing article.

"I even passed this one on to my brother, who never reads mysteries . .
. who has since gone on to a job in electronics sales, not exactly sure what that implies."

That it's as much a how-to book as warning?

Mark