Re: RARA-AVIS: Shoes and electronics[was recent reading: Pelecanos]

From: Mario Taboada ( matrxtech@yahoo.com)
Date: 17 Sep 2001

<<I actually enjoyed this more than the later books, at least the ones I've read so far. I like them all, but the first person voice, the details of life on the sales floor
(I've found it infinitely more helpful than consumer reports, in a "know thy enemy" sense)>>

Carrie, when it comes to shoes, girls are their own worst enemies... Just like guys buying stereo equipment, the
"engineered" super-special, space-age, monster speaker cables that cost 100 bucks a foot and will provide you with a totally new listening dimension. Your brother is in the right line of work...

Speaking of electronics, it bothers me a little that our old friend Parker has completely ignored technological developments. This is forcing Westlake to adopt a retro style.

=====

__________________________________________________ Terrorist Attacks on U.S. - How can you help? Donate cash, emergency relief information http://dailynews.yahoo.com/fc/US/Emergency_Information/