Re: RARA-AVIS: Richard Stark

From: Mark Sullivan ( DJ-Anonyme@webtv.net)
Date: 12 Sep 2001

Mark B supplied a chronological list of all of the Parker books. I've got two additions. First, you should have supplied the alternate titles since a few of these books have been puplished under more than one name
(usually to tie it into a movie). So:

The Hunter is also known as Point Blank and Payback The Man with the Getaway Face is supposed to have also been called The Steel Hit, although I've never seen any edition with that title The Score, AKA Killtown The Jugger, AKA Made in the USA The Seventh, AKA The Split

Second is a real small nit to be picked (as Kevin would put it). Although the events of The Handle seem to happen after The Seventh (if I remember correctly, it makes mention of something in the other book), The Seventh was actually published before the Handle (2/66 and 3/66, respectively, on the copyright pages of the Pocket Book paperback originals).

Mark