RARA-AVIS: Prayers and Good Thoughts Needed

From: JIM DOHERTY ( jimdohertyjr@yahoo.com)
Date: 12 Sep 2001

Bill,

I know we're supposed to refrain from commenting on the recent tragedy, but I hope you'll allow this small trangression.

Liam O'Connor, one of my closest friends, formerly with the NYPD, still has family members in both the police and the fire dept.

He called me this morning to tell me that his uncle is one of the missing firefighters. He's apparently a very strong, very fit man, and it's possible he's still alive and in need of rescue. It's also possible that he was killed instantly when one of the towers collpased.

In either case, your prayers and positive thoughts would be most appreciated by Liam (a devout hard-boiled fan, by the way) and his family.

JIM DOHERTY