RE: RARA-AVIS: Re: RARA-AVIS Digest V3 #873

From: Todd Mason ( Todd.Mason@tvguide.com)
Date: 10 Sep 2001

Thus does punctuation periodically put a (full) stop to our aspirations.

www.bouchercon2001.com

I'll be there. Usually there is some potential for people-seeing around the fringes...unlike the speculative fiction WorldCon, there're no day memberships?

Anthony Boucher simultaneously wrote cf reviews under another pseudonym, H. H. Holmes, for the NEW YORK HERALD-TRIBUNE (real name, William White; notably for using the names of mass-murderers for his pseuds [including Herman W. Mudgett]; first to translate Jorge Luis Borges into English ["The Garden of the Forking Paths" for EQMM]; cofounded THE MAGAZINE OF FANTASY AND SCIENCE FICTION; early participant, opera dj among other things, in Pacifica Radio; editor of BEST DETECTIVE STORIES OF THE YEAR for a good stretch).

-----Original Message----- From: marianne.macdonald@lineone.net
[mailto: marianne.macdonald@lineone.net]

>And Marianne, you still owe me a beer.
You're sure it was that way round? Well, she said slowly...

It's www.bouchercon2001,com, and presumably the same thing for next year with the one digit altered.