RARA-AVIS: Recent Acquistions

From: George Upper ( gcupper3@yahoo.com)
Date: 06 Sep 2001

Well, here is some of what I found on my most recent trip to Edward McKay's Used Books:

FLOOD, Andrew H. Vachss After reading about him so often here, I decided I try him out. Any opinions on this particular book? Is it representative of Vachss?
 Is it a good place to start with him?

THE HARD HIT and DEATH OF A BIG MAN, John Wainwright The former about a hit man, the latter about a corrupt cop. Anyone know these or this author?

TAKE THE MONEY AND DIE, Wynn Williams This looks like a HB caper novel, written by Williams, "the pseudonum of a Canadian-born author who has lived in Portland, Oregon [since the late fifties]." From Raven House Mysteries, 1982. Anyone?

TO GUARD THE RIGHT, Hugh Zachary This one appears to be about "a society of vigillantes." Another Raven House, 1981.

I also picked up Micheal Brett's 1967 THE FLIGHT OF THE STIFF and (my real find for the week) the Quill Classic reprint of Raoul Whitfield's 1931 DEATH IN A BOWL. I'm looking forward to both of these.

G.

===== George C. Upper III, Editor The Lightning Bell Poetry Journal http://www.lightningbell.org/