Re: RARA-AVIS: Theme of the month - Los Angeles

From: Mario Taboada ( matrxtech@yahoo.com)
Date: 05 Sep 2001

Bill:

<<My impression of Los Angeles is formed from books, movies

and TV, and, meaning no disrepect to its residents, how it is now has never made me want to visit.>>

As a former Angeleno, I have to say that nowadays L.A. is not so much a thing to see as it is a thing to feel by living in it. A very dynamic place where anything goes, or at least one feels like there are no limits. These perceptions (let alone the concomitant expectations) aren't always borne out by reality, but it's an experience all right. I miss the old place.

<<The fictional LA of the forties and fifties, though, that's a place I'd like to see.>>

It was a much smaller city. It even had good public transportation. Already very corrupt, of course.

Regards,

MrT

=====