[spam score 6.00/10.0 -pobox] RARA-AVIS: writers' aim

From: Charles Shafer ( Cshafer@ctitech.com)
Date: 29 Aug 2001

Regarding sexist and bigoted characters in any novel. I don't get what's the problem. I mean, the world has its sexists and bigots, right? So why wouldn't a fiction writer dream a few up in hopes to makes his-and yes even her-story a more fun read? In other words, entertaining. That's the point, isn't? To entertain.

And to suggest that the writer using such characters must be bigoted, well, kinda silly, don't you think??

Unless you'd figure everything must be politically correct.

Charlie Taylorville, IL