Re: RARA-AVIS: Recent reads

From: Doug Bassett ( dj_bassett@yahoo.com)
Date: 25 Aug 2001

--- George Upper < gcupper3@yahoo.com> wrote:
> --- Doug Bassett < dj_bassett@yahoo.com> wrote:
> > Max Allan Collins -- SPREE. My first Collins,
> though
> > I'm certainly familiar with the name. Heist book
> > based
> > around a great idea -- robbing a mall. [edited]
> > right now I'm reading Collins's TRUE DETECTIVE.
>
> Doug--
>
> Is incest a relatively common occurance in SPREE?

Well, it's a plot point. Handled very well, incidentally.

> Is
> the main character named Frank Nolan, or something
> like that?

Yep. Collins apparently wrote other books with Nolan, though I don't know anything abou them.

I'm trying to remember if I've read that
> one or not. If I did, it was years and years ago,
> but
> I remember liking it.

Blumenthal also did the
> screenplay for the Martin Lawrence film Blue Streak,
> believe.

Actually, I really liked that movie -- had one of the more clever plots I've seen in recent big budget action-type fare.

doug

===== Doug Bassett dj_bassett@yahoo.com