Re: RARA-AVIS: Honey West

From: Mark Troy ( metroy@tamu.edu)
Date: 23 Aug 2001

>I've got a couple of the books, read one: DIG A DEAD DOLL. In tone, I'd
>compare it to say, a Shell Scott. They seem to be pretty much a goof. Each
>chapter is an excuse for Honey to get her blouse removed.

As I recall, the authors, a husband and wife team, were good friends with Richard S. Prather who encouraged them to write the series. I think the intent was to make a female Shell Scott.

Mark Troy http://www.tamu.edu/marshome/staff_pages/murder.html PILIKIA IS MY BUSINESS, featuring Honolulu PI Val Lyon in trade paperback and ebook from LTDBooks http://www.ltdbooks.com . Just released: "Teed Off" a hardboiled short story in FEDORA: PRIVATE EYES AND TOUGH GUYS, Michael Bracken, editor