Re: RARA-AVIS: RE: Thompson adaptations

From: Juri Nummelin ( jurnum@utu.fi)
Date: 21 Aug 2001

On Mon, 20 Aug 2001, Steve Novak wrote:

> What did you think of the French Thompson by B. Tavernier called Coup de
> Torchon from Pop 1280, transposed to Africa from Texas original setting??

I haven't seen that one, unfortunately, but I hear it's pretty good. But I once saw the 1979 version of "A Hell of a Woman" by Alain Corneau (of the All the Mornings ofthe World fame). Written by the avantgardist Georges Perec, it actually captured the weird world of Thompson.

What about "Kill-Off" from 1989? I thought it was good too.

Juri