Re: RARA-AVIS: Gores (was Women PI Heroines)

From: Mario Taboada (
Date: 20 Aug 2001

<I read a very positive review of his latest DKA book yesterday. It even brings back some of the gypsies from 32 Caddilacs. I don't know how Gores does it, but even at their most absurd, his books still seem completely within the real world.>>

I agree. They're psychologically real (which, according to Chandler and to me, is what matters in fiction). Gores is a great stylist and a very painstaking writer. He never writes for the gallery.