RE: RARA-AVIS: the voice of hardboiled

From: Henry Baker ( hbaker@rcnmail.com)
Date: 16 Aug 2001

To me Stacey Keach will forever be Mike Hammer. He just fit every expectation I had for the character. There is even an Book - on - Tape version of The Big Kill narrated by Keach and his voice captured every nuance of 1950's New York. But hey that's me. I enjoy Stacey Keach. He is the only reason I would consider watching Titus. But does anyone know if, other than the series, has he played Mike hammer or any other PI on the big screen?

Henry

-----Original Message----- From: abc [mailto: abc@wt.net] Sent: Wednesday, August 15, 2001 7:44 PM To: rara-avis@icomm.ca Subject: Re: RARA-AVIS: the voice of hardboiled

I think one of the most interesting casting choices was Mickey Spillane as Hammer in THE GIRL HUNTERS. Spillane's voice was a little high, but I got used to that, and he sure did look like my idea of Hammer.

Bill Crider