Re: RARA-AVIS: crime comics

From: cooper ( jane@almaludo.freeserve.co.uk)
Date: 12 Aug 2001

I've just re read Stray Bullets and it certainly deserves the praise it has received.Will definitely be looking out for his otheer work. Read Channel Zero, wasn't impressed.Thought it was a bit messy and derivative., Don't really think it fits in here(thought I'm sure someone will prove me wrong) A comic series I would recommend to the group is 100 Bullets, by Brian Atservallo(sp may be well off) A mysterious man gives an untracable gun, 100 bullets to wronged and vengeful individuals. The first story to me is so far the stand out; about an ex gang member who's family is shot in a drive by. The art work is beautiful, full of shadows and light. Can't wait to get the enext one. Jane