Re: RARA-AVIS: Guides and Willeford

From: Cristoforo ( Cristoforo@mediaone.net)
Date: 31 Jul 2001

> Willeford did not write corporate brochures, etc., but he did write
comments on student papers for years. My guess is that he would've given up teaching if he made more writing. Also, he considered some efforts weaker--quick writes to make money to pay for school (though some good word--"The Woman Chaser" notably--is from this period

I know I'm in the minority, but I'd say that along with "Cockfighter", "The Woman Chaser" is my favorite Willeford.

Brad