Re: RARA-AVIS: Back to Weeding

From: abc@wt.net
Date: 30 Jul 2001

>Kiss the Blood Off My Hands, Gerald Butler--read the book, see the movie

>Dreamboat, Doug Swanson--Swanson's a Texas guy and worth reading
>Baby Face, Steve Brewer--Brewer's stuff is funny and different
>Big Red Tequila, Rick Riordan--another Texan, Edgar award for best paperback

>The Takeover, Richard Wormser--I like all of Wormsers Gold Medal books

>Death at Sea, Richard Sale--haven't read this one, but I like Sale
>The Murder of an Old-Time Movie Star, Terence Kingsley-Smith--read this
years ago and hated it
>Anything but Deadly, Richard Deming--I remember one called Anything but
Saintly that I liked, but I haven't read this one
>Mission for Vengeance and Code Name Gadget, Peter Rabe--the first is more
like the Rabe discussed on this list, and the second is one of his comedies
(still worth reading, though)
>Drum Beat -- Marianne, Stephen Marlowe--I like Marlowe, and I remember
this one as being pretty good
>The Big Payoff, Robert Novak (Super Cop Joe Blaze #1)--Novak is probably
Nelson DeMille, and the book is crude but effective
>No Business for a Lady, James L. Rubel--not a good book, but probably
one of the first female p.i. novels
>Rim of the Pit, Hake Talbot--not hardboiled but a classic
>2 by David Markson--if you like Ross Macdonald, give these a try; it's
been a long time since I read them, but I liked them when I did

Bill Crider