Re: RARA-AVIS: Cooking, Hitchcock, Dahl

From: Mark Sullivan ( DJ-Anonyme@webtv.net)
Date: 28 Jul 2001

Doug wrote:

"Maybe not quite hardboiled, but there's that great Hitckcock Presents episode, I think written by Roald Dahl, "Lamb to the Slaughter," where a wife clubs her cop (?) husband to death with a frozen leg of lamb, then serves the murder weapon to investigators."

Well, Eating Raoul goes even further, where the pair of murderers serve their victim. Brings a whole new meaning to having someone for dinner.

However, I did think of a hardboiled cooking story, Hammett's Fly Paper.

Mark