Re: RARA-AVIS: St. James Guide

From: Doug Bassett ( dj_bassett@yahoo.com)
Date: 27 Jul 2001

--- Juri Nummelin < jurnum@utu.fi> wrote:
> On Thu, 26 Jul 2001, Doug Bassett wrote:
>
> > The St. James guide to Westerns, though, is
> extremely
> > useful.
>
> Have they made a new edition? The only guide to
> Westerns I know is
> "Twentieth Century Western Writers" from 1982 or so.
>
> Juri

Not that I know of -- but then again, I haven't really looked.

As I think you said, whenever St. James introduces a new edition of their mystery guides they drop entries on interesting writers. I'd hate to see that happen here. Why not simply release a "supplement" covering recent years?

doug

===== Doug Bassett dj_bassett@yahoo.com