Re: RARA-AVIS: RE: Prologues

From: Mario Taboada ( matrxtech@yahoo.com)
Date: 23 Jul 2001

<<I'm reading an otherwise decent novel now that took an event from mid-story and turned it into a prologue. That doesn't work, at least not for me.>>

That would be hooptedoodle precox, wouldn't it? I cannot complain of prologues because Cervantes, one of my favorite novelists, wrote several of the best of them, invaluable documents. And James Ellroy's excellent prologue to
_American Tabloid_ is the best part of the book.

Regards,

MrT