Re: RARA-AVIS: Da Booze

From: Scatalogic@aol.com
Date: 23 Jul 2001

Although I have expressed my dislike for his work on here the boy Timlin always gets his pints down and Derek Raymond - as well as sending many a reader off for a stiff one, wrote well on pub life and drink in the hugely fantastic He Died With His Eyes Open, aaaahhhh reasons to be cheerful. The Demon Dawg has had alky characters and Pop 1280 by Jim Thompson is pretty pickled. What about drugs then?? Sherlock (sorry hard boiled fellahs!) had his coke and Timlin's Sharman does a fair whack o' stuff - if not why not? I demand to read about the Junkie Tec - a slight aside and a recent read is The Scene by Clarence Cooper Jr (UK Payback Press) reccomended, an interesting read on the drugs trade in an unnamed US city, controlled by, who else but THE MAN? And Jack O'Connels Box Nine (I remembered it! Muted roar of delight from The Forest of Dean) features the fictional drug Lingo, and the female cop is a crank snorting motor head of the highest order. Must go to the pub now. Kind regards Colin