RARA-AVIS: Re: John Connolly

From: MTSaler@aol.com
Date: 22 Jul 2001

I've been reading John Connolly's _Every Dead Thing_, the first of his Charlie "Bird" Parker P.I. series. I was intrigued by the horror and quasi-supernatural elements in this excellent book, and wasn't surprised to find that Connolly has several ghost stories posted at his web site. He claims that the third novel in the series, out in the UK and available in the States next year, veers even more into the supernatural. It's fun to read a novel that is equal parts Chandler, Ross Macdonald, Thomas Harris and J. Sheridan Le Fanu!

Mike