Re: RARA-AVIS: Memento short story?

From: Mark Sullivan ( DJ-Anonyme@webtv.net)
Date: 20 Jul 2001

Dan wrote:

"I think you're referring to The Way of the Gun. I haven't seen it, though I've heard it was kind of mediocre. Would be hard to measure up to the Usual Suspects, though."

It's a totally different kind of film than Usual Suspects. I probably even prefer Way of the Gun between the two. And it fits into our concerns here much better. It is a totally unsentimental look at two lowlife crooks (which they know, themselves) who have tripped over what they know will be the only chance in their crummy little lives to make a big score and will do absolutely anything see it through. Every time you start to like them, McQuarrie throws in something to remind you just how amoral they really are. These are guys from a Dan Marlowe Gold Medal original.

Mark