RARA-AVIS: Memento short story?

From: Dan Alban ( frimp13@yahoo.com)
Date: 20 Jul 2001

I've seen Memento, and liked it quite a bit, though I want to see it again before I make up my mind. But I am intrigued - what short story is it based on? Where can I find it?

I think you're referring to The Way of the Gun. I haven't seen it, though I've heard it was kind of mediocre. Would be hard to measure up to the Usual Suspects, though.

--- BaxDeal@aol.com wrote:

> In a message dated 7/20/01 11:17:11 AM, frimp13@yahoo.com writes:
>
> << Of the neo-noirs, I'm partial to
> Chinatown, Blade Runner and Blood Simple. >>
>
> If you haven't seen it yet, you should take a look at Memento with
> Guy Pierce
> from L.A. Confidential and based (so as not to be off-topic) on a
> short
> story. As well as Year of the Gun, written and directed by Chris
> MacQuarrie
> who won an Oscar for his Usual Suspects screenplay, starring the
> always
> interesting Benicio Del Toro.
>
> John Lau
> --
> # majordomo@icomm.ca. This will not work for the digest version.
> # The web pages for the list are at
> http://www.miskatonic.org/rara-avis/ .

=====
"Thank God we don't get all the government we pay for."
- Will Rogers

"Sometimes it is said that man cannot be trusted with the government of himself. Can he, then, be trusted with the government of others?"
- Thomas Jefferson