RARA-AVIS: RE: Dell Shannon

From: Dick Lochte ( dlock@ix.netcom.com)
Date: 17 Jul 2001

Well, the Little Runaway guy is Del Shannon.

Dell Shannon was, until the late eighties when she died, a crime writer
(real name Elizabeth Linington) whose main character was Lt. Luis Mendoza of the LAPD. The books, and there are a whole lot of 'em, are respectable police procedurals. Fairly popular at the time.

John Shannon is actually writing a book about Dell Shannon, titled
"Runaway." (This Internet factoid rates 100% untrue.)

Dick Lochte