Re: RARA-AVIS: Hard-boiled Dames, hmmm

From: Mario Taboada ( matrxtech@yahoo.com)
Date: 16 Jul 2001

I think the description quoted by Fred Zackel is largely correct. Some time ago I picked up a book called American Manhood(author and info later, if there's interest) which made the same point, to wit, that we males are literally losing our virility while getting nothing (but grief) in return,and that girls are losing their femininity and getting nothing (but freedom and lots of grief) in return. The kids are also getting lots of grief in return for having to put up with their parents. It was a depressing read, though the author tried to put a positive spin on this state of affairs (that it may be an intermediate stage towards something better, blah, blah).

This post contains no conclusion. I'm too busy trying to stay on top, afloat.

Regards,

MrT

=====