Re: RARA-AVIS: Themes of the Months

From: M Blumenthal (
Date: 15 Jul 2001

It should be John Shannon. He writes a series featuring Jack Liffey in which the environment is almost a character. The first three are THE CONCRETE RIVER, THE CRACKED EARTH and THE POISON SKY . The only Dell Shannon I know of was a pop singer whose biggest hit was The Runaway. Also add Jerome Doolittle to Boston.

I only named authors I am familiar with and whose books should be easily accesible. . Any suggestions of others whose works have a strong sense of place are welcome. Mark