Re: RARA-AVIS: Motherless Brooklyn

From: Mark Sullivan ( DJ-Anonyme@webtv.net)
Date: 11 Jul 2001

I read Gun With Occasional Music a while ago. I thought it was a pretty good mix of hardboiled and speculative fiction, one of the very few cases I've read in which they really seemed to complement each other instead of being grafted together like Frankenstein's monster.

However, Motherless Brooklyn is even better, something I recently recommended to a friend who only reads "serious fiction" (now I've just got to figure out why I have a friend like that).

Mark