RARA-AVIS: Happy birthday, Hugh Cave!

From: dgreene@odu.edu
Date: 11 Jul 2001

Today is the 91st birthday of Hugh Cave, one of the last survivors of the great pulp era. Hugh published in all the major pulps, including BLACK MASK, DIME DETECTIVE, DETECTIVE FICTION WEEKLY, and other creators of the hardboiled form.

Crippen & Landru's edition of Hugh's stories, LONG LIVE THE DEAD: TALES FROM BLACK MASK, sold very well, and we plan to follow next year with another collection of his pulp mysteries.

I hear that he plans to be at Pulpcon in a few days. I'll call on him in Florida toward the end of the month or beginning of October, and will be glad to relay any greetings.

Doug G Crippen & Landru Publishers www.crippenlandru.com