RARA-AVIS: Murray Sinclair

From: Juri Nummelin ( jurnum@utu.fi)
Date: 11 Jul 2001

I finished last night Murray Sinclair's "Only in L.A.". Okay, but not very memorable book about Hollywood scriptwriter Ben Crandel trying to find his adopted son. Has anyone else read this? Opinions?

Any information on Sinclair? He seems to have written only four books, this and two other Ben Crandel books and "Prisoner Cell Block H", which is about female prisoners. Black Lizard has issued all the Ben Crandel books. The two others are "Tough Luck L.A." from 1980 and ""Goodbye L.A." Am I right assuming that "Goodbye L.A." was not a reprint? So, was he a favourite of Barry Gifford and he got Sinclair to write yet another Ben Crandel book?

Juri