RE: RARA-AVIS: Recycling: Mark DJ

From: Todd Mason ( Todd.Mason@tvguide.com)
Date: 09 Jul 2001

Mildly common, and not solely in SF and CF...when the fix-up topic arose on the FictionMags list, it got me looking around for examples outside speculative- and crime-fiction, and I discovered that Mary McCarthy's THE GROUP can also be seen to be a pretty pure example of this kind of thing. TM

-----Original Message----- From: DJ-Anonyme@webtv.net [mailto: DJ-Anonyme@webtv.net]

Now Chandler's "cannibalizations" of stories, particularly those in the Killer in the Rain anthology, for his novels is well known. How standard is/was this practice?