Re: RARA-AVIS: weeding out

From: Juri Nummelin ( jurnum@utu.fi)
Date: 02 Jul 2001

On Sat, 30 Jun 2001, Mark Sullivan wrote:

> any of the following worth holding onto and maybe even reading?
> Mirror Mirror on the Wall by Stanley Elkin

Ellin, I presume? I haven't read this one, but Ellin is usually good. Not hardboiled, though.

> Several titles by Colin Wilcox

I've liked Wilcox's police procedurals. Very realistic and off-beat. A bit leftist.

> See You at the Morgue by Lawrence G Blochman

Don't know the book, but Blochman was one of the early pulpsters, writing from the twenties on. He wrote mostly adventure yarns. The couple I've read were okay.

Juri