RARA-AVIS: weeding out

From: Mark Sullivan ( DJ-Anonyme@webtv.net)
Date: 30 Jun 2001

One of my summer projects is to weed out some of my books (and records and CDs, etc). I've got a couple of boxes of paperback mysteries I've never read. I don't even remember why I bought many of them (review? jacket copy? word of mouth). Of course, I don't want to get rid of anything I'll later regret. So I was hoping I could get some help. Are any of the following worth holding onto and maybe even reading?

In no particular order:

two titles featuring Mac Slade Private Dick by John Blumenthal The Last Private Eye by John Birkett Mirror Mirror on the Wall by Stanley Elkin Special Circumstances by Brian Lysaght Make My Bed Soon by Jack Webb Hyde and Seek by Benjamin Wolff The Hog Murders by Willian DeAndrea Several titles by Colin Wilcox Several "Saratoga" books by Stephen Dobyns; also by him, Dancer with One Leg and A Man of Little Evils Two Sam Space novels by William F Nolan Two "Mathew Swain: The 21st Centruy Private Eye" books by Mike McQuay Jake & Katie by Brad Solomon (I really liked his PI books) Three Sam Briscoe books by Pete Hamill Two Roger L Simon books Blues for Charlie Darwin by Nat Hentoff Hollywood Heroes by Hamilton T Caine See You at the Morgue by Lawrence G Blochman The Killing Circle by Chris Wiltz Murder on Her Mind by Susan Steiner Random Access Murder by Linda Grant

Well, that's a start. Any must reads here?

Mark