Re: RARA-AVIS: Block

From: Mark Sullivan ( DJ-Anonyme@webtv.net)
Date: 29 Jun 2001

Mario wrote of Such Men Are Dangerous:

"I could do with a fresh copy. I have the original publication and it's falling apart."

Just a note that the reissues under Block's name do not include the letter from the publisher explaining the provenance of Paul Kavanagh's over-the-transom book.

"Agreed on the ultrahardboiledness of this book. Block has not gone back to that brutal style except in some of his short stories."

Block is pretty hard in Mona, but I guess that was before Such Men, so it wouldn't be a return. Girl With the Long Green Heart is also a nice tight, hard book about a couple of con men.

"I now have the itch to reread the book."

Well, scratch it!

Mark