RE: Re: RARA-AVIS: Re: Libraries

From: btoomey@mail.javanet.com
Date: 18 Jun 2001

----------------- From: Jess Nevins

It bears repeating: if we (public libraries) don't have what you want, tell us what to get. Generally speaking we get very little input from the public, so what we have to go on is circulation statistics, reviews in professional journals, and our own judgment, as professional librarians, about what to get.

Sure -- the other day I ordered a copy of WILLEFORD by Don Herron through our Interlibrary Loan Program. The librarian asked me if I thought the book would make a worthwhile addition to their collection. I said I hadn't read it yet, but I'd seen excellent reviews. He logged onto Amazon.Com right in front of me and ordered a copy. How's that for service?

BobT

-------------------------------------------------------------------- Mail2Web - Check your email from the web at http://www.mail2web.com/ .