Re: Re: RARA-AVIS: Re: Librarians and the Hard Boiled

From: jjnevins@ix.netcom.com
Date: 14 Jun 2001

rara-avis@icomm.ca wrote:
> From:
> No offense, but I think your library is in the minority. (Public,
> right?) I've never seen a library that didn't break their collection
> down by genre.

> ...while I've never been in one that does. And I've been in quite
> a few.

You've never been in a library that had Science Fiction, Mystery, Western, Horror, and/or Romance sections? Ever?

Maybe it's just my experience, then.

But I've been a contract librarian (librarian temp worker) in over fifty libraries as well as an ordinary reference librarian in about a half dozen more, in Illinois, Indiana, Massachusetts, Maine, and Texas. I think I've got a good bit of experience in this, too.

jess