RARA-AVIS: Re: Ross Spencer

From: GN ( piesbook@execpc.com)
Date: 13 Jun 2001

> Well, speaking of idiots, I read The DADA Caper and several
> other Ross Spencer books. I thought they were pretty
> amusing at the time, but I have pretty low tastes.
> Bill Crider

My experience was the same. I thought the first one was pretty funny, and quite clever in its pastiche of the P. I. But as each successive book wore on, the humor became repetitive and the idea got old. I would rank the humor in these with the old TV episodes of Get Smart.

Best, GWN Gary Warren Niebuhr P. I. E. S. (Private Investigator Entertainment Service) P. O. Box 341218 Milwaukee, WI 53234 piesbook@execpc.com http://www.execpc.com/~piesbook/piescatalog.html